Effects of Oil Spill on Sea Life:
1. Preventing Sun Rays:
2. Death of Sea Plants:
3. Killing Marine Creatures:
Effects of Oil Spill on Humans:
1. Losses to Tourism:
2. Preventing an Important Source of Food:
Effects of Oil Spill on Birds:
1. Starvation for Birds:
2. The Spread of Diseases:
3. Disturbance to the Ecosystem:
Effects of Oil Spill on Underground Water:
1. Pollution to the Underground Water:
2. Prevention of Water Desalination:
3. Increasing Water Importation:
High Costs of Removing Oil Spill as an Effect:
- It is highly recommended that the Gulf Cooperation Council countries apply strictly all the national and international standards and norms of health and safety in order to prevent any spills from happening.
- Moreover, there should be an inclusive check to all the ships that are passing through the Arabian Gulf in order to ensure their liability to pass through the region without causing any harms to the environment through any oil spills.
- Besides, all the petrol companies should bear their responsibility towards the environment through applying all the procedures that would prevent any harms to the environment.
- In additions to this, there should be many campaigns to raise people awareness about the risks and dangers of oil spills and to encourage them to report the competent authorities in any case of oil spills. There also should be a wider cooperation between all the Gulf Cooperation Council countries in this regard to secure the environment and eliminate any obstacles that hinder saving the environment.
- Besides, many researches and studies should be performed about the risks of oil spills and the best ways of keeping the environment safe. That is because the scientific side is neglected in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries in regard to the methods of securing the environment from oil spills. Many research centers should be established and the money allocated for scientific researches should be also increased.